EIG CONCERT-Japan Joint Calls are open to applications from:
- public and private legal RTD entities,
- higher education institutions and non-university research establishments,
- small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs),
- and other kinds of organisations, depending on the individual national/regional regulations and restrictions of the participating funding institutions (available in the Joint Call text).
Each project consortium should consist of at least 3 beneficiaries, one from Japan and two from two different European countries participating in the Joint Call. Each project consortium should choose 2 project leaders (Japanese and European). A project leader may participate in only one project proposal.
The number of beneficiaries in a project consortium should be appropriate for the aims of the research project and reasonably balanced in terms of multilateral participation.
Applications should clearly demonstrate the added value of working together.
Projects with ideas at an early stage with highly challenging goals based on unique concepts are highly encouraged.
Each funding agencies / governmental bodies will finance their research teams.
Therefore, the eligibility of all costs depends on the relevant national / regional regulations and should be calculated accordingly. Please contact your National / Regional Contact Person for further information.
In general, eligible costs are:
- Research materials and small-scale research equipment,
- Travel costs,
- Living expenses,
- Expenses for the organisation of small scientific events,
- Personnel costs,
- Indirect costs.